Cayenne pepper is added to food and beverages to make the food and drink spicy in taste. The spice in it comes from a substance known as capsaicin called chili pepper in common language. Apart from adding a zest of spice in food, it has many other essential properties. This spice is proved to be anti fungal, anti inflammatory and anti allergic. This spice contains essential vitamins and minerals like potassium, magnesium, vitamin B and vitamin C. It is a matter of bewilderment that the benefits of organic cayenne pepper are not known to many people.
The benefits of this spice
- Helps in boosting metabolism: regular intake of this spice helps to increase our metabolism responsible for optimum functioning of the body. This spice also helps in burning the calories.
- Helps in reduction of hunger. A person who keeps fast generally adds this spice in food that makes the food tasty and helps them to reduce their appetite for a day. People who want to lose weight can add up this spice in fruits and drinks to reduce their weight.
- Helps to lower high blood pressure: a person who is suffering from high blood pressure can use this spice to lower his blood pressure. It also helps to relax blood vessels in a human body.
- Helps in improving digestive system: by regular consumption of this spice, you can aid your stomach in digesting food. It helps to build stomach defense against the oily and high fat food.
- Helps in arthritis: regular dose of this spice helps to decrease inflammation and pain in joints.