Poppy seeds are used by professional cooks for centuries to add color and crunchiness in food. Besides this, there are many more reasons why these seeds are used in cooking. These seeds are able to provide you nutrients. Although they contain some folate and niacin, but they are also a good source of minerals. Just a table spoon of seeds in your food can provide you with the measurable amount of iron, calcium and zinc.
If you are going to purchase poppy seeds then there is one thing that you need to consider. You must buy bulk unwashed poppy seeds as many stores offer special discount on the bulk purchases.
How to add poppy seeds in your diet?
If you are starting to use these seeds in your diet to attain the health benefits offered by them, then the best idea of using them is to mix them into the salad dressing. You can also sprinkle them on the pancakes. You can use these seeds in making casserole recipes with chicken breasts, broccoli, mushroom, and a sauce made of low fat yogurt or milk, little flour and chicken broth. Poppy seeds can also be used to add flavor in the brown rice and peas. They can also be added in the pasta but there is one thing that you need to consider when using it in the pasta that you have to add cream sauce in this dish. Poppy seeds can never be used with tomato sauce as they lose their flavor due to it.…
Cayenne pepper is added to food and beverages to make the food and drink spicy in taste. The spice in it comes from a substance known as capsaicin called chili pepper in common language. Apart from adding a zest of spice in food, it has many other essential properties. This spice is proved to be anti fungal, anti inflammatory and anti allergic. This spice contains essential vitamins and minerals like potassium, magnesium, vitamin B and vitamin C. It is a matter of bewilderment that the benefits of organic cayenne pepper are not known to many people.
The benefits of this spice
- Helps in boosting metabolism: regular intake of this spice helps to increase our metabolism responsible for optimum functioning of the body. This spice also helps in burning the calories.
- Helps in reduction of hunger. A person who keeps fast generally adds this spice in food that makes the food tasty and helps them to reduce their appetite for a day. People who want to lose weight can add up this spice in fruits and drinks to reduce their weight.
- Helps to lower high blood pressure: a person who is suffering from high blood pressure can use this spice to lower his blood pressure. It also helps to relax blood vessels in a human body.
- Helps in improving digestive system: by regular consumption of this spice, you can aid your stomach in digesting food. It helps to build stomach defense against the oily and high fat food.
- Helps in arthritis: regular dose of this spice helps to decrease inflammation and pain in joints.